Sunday, May 16, 2010

First Post

Welcome to my Blog! I decided to create a blog about my life, we will see where it goes. I feel that this could serve as a journal of sorts, writing my thoughts down here for all to see, I guess.

I am currently in Mount Pleasant, MI enjoying my last summer pre-adult life. My Father isn't too pleased at the idea of me not having a job, but for those of you that know my Dad, this wouldn't come as a surprise. I am finishing up my thesis which includes the last six credits toward my Master's Degree in Apparel Product Development and Merchandising Technology. I am also spending much of my summer hanging out and visiting friends around the state and living with my little sister in the Coast (our house name :o)). I will keep you updated with my summer plans as they unfold.

I recently landed a job at Kohl's corporate headquarters in Wisconsin. I will be moving there in early September, and am still searching for housing options. My wonderful friend, Karly, may move with me and be stationed in Milwaukee. I couldn't be happier about this opportunity! I would appreciate any feedback/suggestions on where to live or how to pick a new place, as it is all new to me!

Now, a side note.. I was walking to purchase a smoothie earlier today before working on some things at home and as I was walking in, two little kids were chasing after something that I could not see. I didn't think it could be anything serious when out of the corner of my eye, I saw a little black mouse. Now, for those of you who know me at all, you will know my serious phobia of mice. I swear, I almost had a heart attack and have been thinking about that little critter all day. My fear of mice is really something I wish I could get over, because it is crazy how much they put my into panic!

That is about it for now, enjoy the day, sure is beautiful here in Michigan!

3 comments:

  1. I love this ;) See you tomorrow sis...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving this already Laura. Now that I am the only one of us BFFs without a blog I better get one started when I get things a little more under control around here. I love you so very much, so blessed to have you as a friend:)

    ReplyDelete